The Physical and Occupational Therapy staff at Children’s Therapy Corner is skilled in the evaluation and treatment of Orthopedic and sports medicine injuries. Orthopedic Therapy is essential in restoring your child to their previous level of physical functioning after an illness, injury, or surgery.
The focus of Orthopedic Therapy is to reduce pain and improve strength, range of motion, and overall functional mobility. Our team will work diligently to assist your child in doing what their body does best, move!
Learn More About Orthopedic Therapy
About This Therapy
Children’s Therapy Corner is set apart from other clinics providing Orthopedic Therapy services in that our team specializes in the sole treatment of children. Since we are an outpatient pediatric facility our buildings are designed with the child in mind to allow the delivery of skilled Physical and Occupational Therapy services in a comfortable and welcoming environment your child will enjoy coming to.
Orthopedic Therapy focuses on treating conditions affecting the musculoskeletal system, which is made up of your muscles, bones, joints, tendons, and ligaments. Orthopedic injuries and conditions may include:
- Sport or recreational activity injury
- Status-post surgery (e.g., fracture or ligament repair)
- Growth disturbance
- Muscle strain
- Ligament sprain
- Complex fractures
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Cerebral Palsy
- Decreased range of motion or strength
- Decreased coordination or agility
- Musculoskeletal impairments secondary to neuromuscular conditions
- Decreased endurance secondary to cardiovascular conditions
Your child will be evaluated and begin treatment as soon as medically appropriate. Your child’s individualized rehabilitation treatment plan may include, but not be limited to:
- Sport, or preferred activity, specific strength and conditioning exercises
- Manual techniques
- Balance, coordination, and/or agility exercises
- Gait training
- Assistive device fitting
- Pain management strategies
- Functional Mobility exercises
- Endurance exercises
- Close communication with coaches to ensure carryover and injury prevention
Find Your Location
Explore or contact one of our locations for therapy availability.
Children’s Therapy Corner provides therapeutic intervention for children. CTC was founded on the belief that there should be a place where families can come and learn about their child’s needs, in a supportive team atmosphere. We will work with you to provide direction and support for your family and your child. The goal is for your child to live their life to its fullest capacity.