Speech-Language Pathologists at Children’s Therapy Corner work with children to prevent, assess, diagnose, and treat speech, language, social communication, cognitive-communication, and feeding/swallowing disorders. We will determine your child’s needs and then establish the best approach to facilitate your child’s communication abilities.
We can help your child with accurate production of speech sounds, enhance ability to express ideas and intentions, use language appropriately for social communication, facilitate use of alternative communication (AAC) systems, and/or increase feeding capabilities. Treatment is designed to enhance their abilities across all situations and environments.
Learn More About Speech-Language Therapy
About This Therapy
Pediatric Speech-Language Pathologists serve children from birth through school age. Each of our Speech-Language Pathologists holds a Master’s Degree and a Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC) from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA). They are also licensed in the State of Michigan. All therapists at Children’s Therapy Corner participate in ongoing continuing education opportunities to develop and maintain pediatric specific skills.
Benefits of Speech-Language Therapy for children include improved speech intelligibility, oral motor and feeding capabilities, fluency of speech, voice quality, symbolic play skills, problem-solving, planning, memory, attention, and social communication skills.
Speech-Language Pathologists at Children’s Therapy Corner focus on challenges related to:
- Difficulty being understood by others
- Challenges producing sounds in syllables or saying words correctly
- Being non-verbal at age 2
- Difficulty putting words together or inconsistent word use
- Challenges using language socially, including establishing relationships with peers
- Difficulty engaging or interacting with others
- Increased use of scripting
- Limited or repetitive pretend play
- Difficulty understanding language, both written or verbal
- Difficulty following directions
- Problems with attention, memory, or problem-solving
- Challenges with organization of ideas
- Hearing loss or chronic ear infections
- Problems with pitch, volume, or quality of voice
- Stuttering/disfluent speech
- Difficulty with chewing and swallowing
- Picky eating
Speech-Language Therapy is an extensive field that treats a wide variety of disorders and diagnoses including but not limited to:
- Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder
- Atypical or immature muscle movement patterns affecting breathing, eating, or speaking
- Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD)
- Cerebral Palsy
- Childhood Apraxia of Speech (a motor speech disorder)
- Cleft Palate
- Down Syndrome
- Executive Functioning Challenges (including planning, memory, attention, and problem-solving)
- Feeding Difficulties
- Hearing Loss
- Language-Based Learning Disorders
- Picky Eating
- Selective Mutism
- Speech Sound Disorders: Articulation and Phonological Processes
- Tongue Tie
- Tongue Thrust
- Traumatic Brain Injury or Right Hemisphere Brain Injury
- Voice Disturbances
Find Your Location
Explore or contact one of our locations for therapy availability.
Children’s Therapy Corner provides therapeutic intervention for children. CTC was founded on the belief that there should be a place where families can come and learn about their child’s needs, in a supportive team atmosphere. We will work with you to provide direction and support for your family and your child. The goal is for your child to live their life to its fullest capacity.